An exciting opportunity has arisen, for an individual to help lead and grow an office based in Central Birmingham. You will have successfully led a team and held P & L responsibilities, as well as having a proven track record of business development. You will ideally be a Chartered Structural Engineer, and will have a hands on, client facing approach. In return, you will work with some great clients, enjoy a rewarding, fulfilling career, working alongside committed, professional individuals.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Associate Structural Engineer or Technical Director to join a successful, well-established Civil and Structural consultancy based in Birmingham. The work will be primarily office based and you will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of significant projects from inception through to handover, across the Healthcare, Leisure, Residential, Commercial and Educational sectors. You will require an in-depth knowledge across a range of building and contract types. Our client is offering a healthy starting salary of up to £50,000 upwards, plus benefits and options for career progression.
In order to be considered for this role you will;
- Have gained a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Applicants must have a minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in a structural engineering design office
- You will be Chartered or very near to achieving Chartered status
- You will have a range of project experience in size and scale
- You will have experience designing in steel/concrete/masonry and timber
- You will have a good working knowledge of industry standard software design packages (SCIA preferable)
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice (BS, EN and international codes)
- You will have a proactive approach to work
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven commitment to CPD
- Own car is essential
If you are looking for a career with a difference, with long term career prospects, this could be the opportunity for you.