Chartered Structural Engineer
Due to an increase in workload, our South Coast client is looking for a 12-month contracted Chartered Structural Engineer.
About the Role
The Structural Engineer will be based on site working as an interface between the contractor and the structural design consultant, coordinating design services. As the Chartered Structural Engineer you will be working for the design consultants but reporting to the contractor and client on site. This role will appeal to someone who is able to work independently and has the ability to ensure work is being carried out to a high standard.
The successful Structural Engineer will ideally be someone located in Hampshire or around the South East or looking to relocate for a long-term contract.
The project is a multi-million scheme which involves converting a multi-story residential building comprising of over 100 units. Large amounts of the work are external, resulting in limited intrusion and disruption to existing tenants. If you have a strong background of working on Multi-story developments (residential/commercial/leisure etc) and overseeing teams on site this role will be ideal for you
To be considered the Resident Structural Engineer role in Hampshire, you must:
- Be chartered; MICE or MIStructE. (Applicants can be newly chartered)
- Have high rise residential and/or commercial experience
- Be a strong communicator with staff at all levels
- Strong background in Structural Design and ideally have experience working as a Structural Resident Engineer
- Be able to work daily on site in Hampshire.