- Negotiable DOE
- Newcastle & Tyneside
A top law firm in South Shields is on the lookout for an empathetic Family Solicitor to join it soon. This is a great opportunity for somebody to make their mark within the legal sector, with excellent paths for progression.
The firm’s family team is noted for the high quality of its work across the country, so to succeed you’ll have to be a qualified family solicitor, having built up at least five years’ post-qualification experience. This will desirably be in dispute resolution and advocacy. Focussing on offering top-notch care to clients, you will be handling financial and private children files.
The perfect solicitor in South Shields will report to the practice’s partners, while being responsible for:
- Taking on your own caseload of family matters
- Advising and assisting clients and the firm, as required
- Staying up to date with all relevant areas of the law
- Acting in accordance with all relevant standards, legislation, and best practice
- Maintaining and updating any records or time recording systems
- Acting on behalf of clients or the practice, when needed
- Supporting and advising your fellow team members and directors at all times
- Collaborating professionally with your assigned secretary
- Ensuring efficient billing of files
- Being considerate and working closely with all others in the company
- Participating in supervision sessions
- Carrying out any required admin tasks
- Participating in any out-of-hours rota, as per T’s and C’s of employment
- Attending and taking part in any required meetings
To be successful within this challenging position, you’ll be dedicated to offering publicly funded legal services of the highest quality. You will show empathy for the firm’s clients, and understanding of their complex issues, combined with an established ability to identify and solve any problems. The desired candidate will also be a brilliant communicator with the ability to think logically and clearly about emotive matters, even while under pressure.
This position will have you occasionally undertaking work outside of your normal office hours, if needed, so you’ll also need to be able to operate under your own initiative and within teams. As such, you will have top organisational skills, keeping cost efficiency in mind, and possess the common sense, tolerance, and humour to handle challenging files.
Therefore, if you want to seize this great legal opportunity, contact me today. For more family solicitor jobs in South Shields, get in touch with Kingsley right away.