- Negotiable DOE
- Newcastle & Tyneside
A leading law firm in Newcastle is seeking an experienced Family Solicitor to come on board. This is a fab opportunity for a legal professional to make their mark within the sector, with great routes for progression.
My client’s family team is recognised across the UK for the quality of its work, so you will be a qualified family solicitor with at least five years’ PQE, ideally in advocacy and dispute resolution. Focussing on providing top-notch client care, you will be undertaking private children and financial cases.
The chosen solicitor will answer to the firm’s partners, being responsible for:
- Advising and assisting clients and the firm, as required
- Acting in accordance with all relevant standards, legislation, and best practice
- Staying up to date with all relevant areas of the law
- Acting on behalf of clients or the practice, when needed
- Maintaining and updating any records or time recording systems
- Ensuring efficient billing of files
- Participating in supervision sessions
- Supporting and advising your fellow team members and directors at all times
- Collaborating professionally with your assigned secretary
- Carrying out any required admin tasks
- Being considerate and working closely with all others in the company
- Attending and taking part in any required meetings
- Participating in any out-of-hours rota, as per T’s and C’s of employment
In order to be successful within this varied role, you will be committed to providing the highest quality of publicly funded legal services. You will have empathy for the practice’s clients, showing understanding for their problems, combined with the strong ability to spot and solve any issues. The ideal candidate will also be a great communicator who can think logically about emotive matters, while working under pressure.
Your work will occasionally be undertaken outside of normal office hours, as and when required, and you will also need to be able to operate collaboratively and on your own initiative. You will be organised, with a mind towards cost efficiency, and have the tolerance, common sense, and humour to take on challenging cases.
So, if you want to find out more about this extremely interesting role, or apply, get in touch with me today. For other family solicitor jobs in Newcastle, speak to Kingsley as soon as you can.