Home Based Chartered Structural Engineer
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced Structural Engineer to work from home. Kingsley has been instructed by one of our clients to recruit a Structural Engineer, who will provide specialist engineering support to determine that designs submitted by clients meet set criteria, and conduct periodic reviews of construction in progress to ensure compliance with best practice. If this sounds like you, read on to not miss out.
Working from home, you will manage your own diary and travel to sites, as required.
- To undertake assessments of structural designs for a wide range of building types, including high rise. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations
- Initial and ongoing liaison with developers/clients, offering technical advice and guidance
- Ongoing liaison with project managers/co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters
- Ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to
- Complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design, particularly high-rise frames
- Provide technical advice on claims, as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works
- To provide advice to the marketing and underwriting departments on technical areas, so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients
- Qualified Engineer (CEng. MIStructE, or similar)
- In-depth technical knowledge of structural engineering principles, applicable to building regulations and other relevant construction standards
- Experience across a broad range of building structures
- Previous experience with high-rise structural frames would be a distinct advantage
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology
- Understanding of building regulations and associated legislation
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, the technical manual, and codes of practice
- Able to create solid working relationships with other construction professionals
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters
- Strong technical ability
- Full UK driving licence
Please note: Interviews will take place on Thursday 5th January, 2017.
For more homebased chartered structural engineer jobs across the UK, contact Kingsley today.